Hufstedler School of Education Admissions
The Hufstedler School of Education is focused on admitting the best candidates for our programs to meet the demanding needs of schools and educators working with youths and adults.
WHEN TO APPLY - APPLICATION DEADLINES
We consider applications on a rolling admission basis. We continue to accept qualified applicants until the start of each term as space allows. We encourage prospective students to apply as early as possible to secure their position and desired start date, as well as to be considered for possible scholarships and financial aid opportunities.
News students are admitted for the following terms:
Fall Term Only
- Educational Leadership and Management (EdD)
- Educational Psychology (PsyD)
- Educational Psychology in Neuropsychology (Graduate Certificate)
- School Psychology (MAE)
Fall and Spring Terms Only
- TESOL (EdD)
- Teacher Education
- Preliminary and Clear Education Specialist Teaching Credential programs
- Preliminary Single or Multiple Subject Teaching Credential - Early Completion Intern Teaching program (without online Master's in Education with Teaching Emphasis)
Fall, Spring and Summer Terms
- TESOL (MAE and Graduate Certificate programs)
- Teacher Education
- Preliminary Single or Multiple Subject Teaching Credential + Online Master's in Education with Teaching Emphasis programs - Student Teaching, Standard Intern Teaching or Early Completion Intern Teaching options
- Online Master's in Education with Teaching Emphasis
Please review Alliant's academic calendar for term start dates.
UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Please review undergraduate admission requirements here.
GENERAL GRADUATE ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- Alliant International University application
- Interview with the program director or faculty (interviews may be completed face-to-face or via phone or Internet)
- Two letters of recommendation (from supervisors, academic instructors, volunteer coordinators or other professional
and/or academic relationships)
- Resume (only required for all doctorate and all educational psychology programs)
- Personal essay
- 2-4 pages for master’s and teaching credential candidates
- 6-7 pages for doctoral candidates
- Essay should include a brief autobiographical statement, professional aspirations, the professional organizations to which you belong, and honors, activities and other accomplishments
- Official transcript from a regionally-accredited university (degrees in progress are acceptable) with a minimum cumulative GPA of:
- 2.5 (undergraduate) for master's and credential programs (except for MAE in School Psychology program)
- 3.0 (graduate) for doctoral programs and MAE in School Psychology program
- $65 application fee (not required for the Accelerated Autism Spectrum Disorders Authorization Weekend Workshop program)
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
International applicants must submit additional documents as part of the application process. Please click here for requirements and instructions for international students.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR CLEAR TEACHING CREDENTIAL STUDENTS
In addition to the general graduate admission requirements indicated above, Clear Teaching Credentail applicants must also submit the following:
- One letter of recommendation (instead of two)
- Copy of your California Preliminary Education Specialist Credential (Level 1)
- Employment Letter from District (for the current or preceding school year)
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR PRELIMINARY TEACHING CREDENTIAL STUDENTS
In addition to the Hufstedler School of Education's general admission requirements, Preliminary Teaching Credential candidates must comply with several additional requirements mandated by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC) before beginning any student or intern teaching assignment. These requirements are meant to both guarantee your own success in the classroom and students' safety.
Please note that these are not requirements for admission and entry into our preliminary teaching credential programs, nor for completing classroom observations (with the exception of the Certificate of Clearance) - only to participate in the intern or student teaching portions of those programs. Please reference our teacher credentialing pages and choose from our Student Teaching, Intern Teaching - Standard and Intern Teaching - Early Completion options for these requirements (please note that not all options are available for all credential programs):
- Preliminary Single Subject Teaching Credential
- Preliminary Multiple Subject Teaching Credential
- Preliminary Education Specialist Teaching Credential (Mild-Moderate Disabilities)
FINAL ADMISSION DECISION
Upon receipt and review of all documentation and completion of the interview, candidates will be considered for final admission. Final admissions decision will be made by the admissions committee. You may track the status of your application online using the same username and password you set when submitting your online application.
GET STARTED ON YOUR FUTURE