International Degree Programs and Professional Development Opportunities
EDUCATION WITHOUT BORDERS
Today's society demands that professionals are able to effectively work with people across all types of boundaries, including national, cultural, linguistic and ethnic. Schools are among the most diverse institutions in society, and as educators we serve a critical role in helping to shape the ways in which future generations will work and live together.
We believe that educators have a profound obligation to ensure that we continue to make progress as a multicultural, international community. That is why Alliant International University and the Hufstedler School of Education have developed degree and professional training programs developed specifically for for teachers and leaders making a difference in international schools.
These convenient and flexible programs feature online and blended formats, low to no residency requirements and personalized program delivery for cohorts at international sites potentially anywhere in the world. Our programs also feature:
- Executive style evening/weekend classes and seminars
- International immersion and study abroad opportunities
- Cohort system of colleagues/networking
- A global network of exceptional faculty
- International affiliations
- Association for the Advancement of International Education
- World Council for Curriculum and Instruction (NGO of UNESCO)
DEGREES AND CERTIFICATE FOR INTERNATIONAL EDUCATORS
We offer a number of degrees and certificates designed to build effective and successful leaders in international education at home or abroad:
- Master of Arts in Education in Teaching with International Emphasis
Online program or available on-ground at our Mexico City campus.
- California Teaching Credential for International Teachers
Online coursework with student teaching experiences at both international and California school sites. Optional master's in Teaching add-on available.
- International Teaching Certificate for New Teachers
Non-degree program for new, non-credentialed teachers employed at international schools sites. Combines three online courses with on-site mentoring.
EDUCATIONAL LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT
- Master of Arts in Education in Educational Administration
Hybrid program with executive education seminars located in international sites.
- Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership and Management for International Educators
Hybrid program with cohort meetings in international sites and California.
- International Leadership Congress/Certificate in Educational Leadership
Ten-month, doctoral-level professional congress taught in weekend format.
TEACHING ENGLISH TO SPEAKERS OF OTHER LANGUAGES (TESOL)
- Master of Arts in Education in TESOL
Hybrid program - online and site-based.
- Doctor of Education in TESOL
San Diego, CA based program with optional field work at international locales.
- Graduate Certificate in TESOL
Online or in-residency program. All credits count towards master’s program in TESOL.
For more information about any of these programs, please contact:
Director of Recruitment and Student Services
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Interested in professional development opportunities for your school or organization?
We offer a variety of customized professional development workshops and continuing education programs for schools and educational institutions across the world.
Workshop topics include:
- Intercultural Communication
- Special Education
- Classroom Management
- Online Pedagogy
- Cultural Diplomacy
- Program Evaluation
- And more
For more information on professional development opportunities abroad, please contact:
Trudy Day, Ed.D.