Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) Programs
CELEBRATING 25 YEARS OF PREPARING TESOL EDUCATORS AND PROFESSIONALS
In our ever-shrinking world, command of the English language is increasingly vital. It's our mission to prepare a unique generation of global leaders through our intensive Teaching English to Speakers of Other Language (TESOL) programs. Our program provides a truly international community of language educators. Experience how this exceptional environment opens up multiple avenues for your career success, both in the US and abroad.
DEGREE AND CERTIFICATE PROGRAMS
- Graduate Certificate in TESOL
Complete a graduate certificate in TESOL and earn credits towards our master's in TESOL program. Offered online or in San Diego.
- Master of Arts in Education (MAE) in TESOL
Complete our master's in TESOL in as few as 15 months. Students may choose between two options for study:
- Doctor of Education (EdD) in TESOL
Take your career, leadership and research to the next level and increase your global impact with a doctorate in TESOL. Offered in San Diego.
- California Teachers of English Language (CTEL) Certificate - Crosscultural Language
and Academic Development (CLAD) Authorization
Fast and convenient program blending online and face-to-face courses available to credentialed teachers requiring their CTEL/CLAD certification. Offered online.
WHY CHOOSE A TESOL PROGRAM AT ALLIANT?
- Alliant International University was #1 in the USA in the number of TESOL doctoral degrees conferred in the 2010-2011 academic year.*
- Alliant International University was #4 in California in the number of TESOL master’s degrees conferred in the 2010-2011 academic year.*
- Small seminar classes
- Strong reputation both domestically and internationally
- Focus on best professional practices and applied scholarly research
- Internationally-recognized faculty
- TESOL network for academic and career advancement, connecting students to universities, government agencies, non-profits and world-renowned practitioners and researchers
*Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS), Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics
BE A GLOBAL LEADER IN LANGUAGE EDUCATION
Alliant's TESOL alumni contribute to educational practice and policies in the US and countries around the world in the following settings and roles:
- Adult education programs
- College and university-based ESL and EFL programs
- Community colleges
- ESL and vocational English programs
- Elementary and secondary schools
- English as a Foreign Language programs
- International businesses and foundations
- Fulbright Scholar appointments
- Doctoral Programs (for master's students)
- Government offices on educational policies
- TESOL-related publishers
Alliant's TESOL programs has benefited from important partnerships such as the following:
- University of California, San Diego Extension, Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) Program
- Universities and/or ministries of Education in China, Oman, Taiwan, and Vietnam
- Cisco Learning Institute and MEPI Grant U.S. Department of State - a three-year U.S. Department of State initiative with the Kingdom of Jordan
- Alliant-UIN (Indonesia Syarif Hidayatullah State Islamic University) Initiative
- Alliant-AU Retreat and Workshop Series
- Stella Grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Education
INTERNATIONAL LANGUAGE EDUCATION AND CULTURAL CENTER
Receive group or individual language instruction in nearly any language through our International Language Education and Cultural Center. The center also offers English teacher training programs internationally.
CHOOSE AN ACCREDITED UNIVERSITY
Alliant International University is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).